Are you looking to start an online business? Have you heard the buzz around Shopify and want to learn how it can help take your company to the next level? Setting up a website using this popular e-commerce platform is easier than ever.
With just 10 simple steps, anyone can set up their store on Shopify and be taking orders in no time. In this blog post, we’ll go over each of these steps so you know exactly what needs to be done — from setting up a domain name and selecting a theme, all the way through configuring sales channels and more!
Shopify makes eCommerce easy. No code, no confusion, no plugins and no time and money wastage.
Shopify stores are easy to set up, integrate and maintain. It doesn’t require technical or coding knowledge. No matter what kind of online store you want to build, you can get it running in under an hour with Shopify.
Below is the step-by-step procedure to establish your own Shopify store quick and easy.
Steps to create a Shopify website from scratch
1. Create a Shopify Account
- Go to Shopify.com.
- Click “Start free trial” in upper right corner.
- Enter your email id, password, and store name of your choice. (Your store name will be your primary domain).
- Click on the “Create your store” button.
Ensure you remember this information, as you will need it to log into your account.
- Next, fill in the answers to your store questions and click the “Enter my store” button.
2. Set Up Shopify Store
Locate the menu on the left that contains all links to your Shopify store tools and features.
Use the settings button on the bottom left to set the primary settings like store name, time zone, currency and more.
3. Choose Theme
To replace the default theme provided with a fresh new look, click on the Online Store link under Sales Channel on the left sidebar.
- Select “Themes” to browse available designs at zero cost.
You can also optimize the themes for specific industries with particular features based on your needs.
- Select “Visit Theme Store” under the “Free Themes” option on your dashboard for premium themes.
You can go through the reviews section to know customer feedback about the themes and select the one suitable for you.
4. Edit the Look & Feel
Shopify’s intuitive and super simple design process makes everyone a designer.
To edit your store,
- Go to the online store tab, hover over your selected theme, and click Customize.
- This will lead you to the online store theme editor on a new window.
- Use the tools on your left to make the necessary changes.
- You can see a blue boundary of an element when you hover a section. Click it to activate it.
5. Add Products & Services
Once the site design is ready, add your products or services to your site.
- Leave the design editor by clicking the “exit” icon at the top left corner and return to the Shopify admin dashboard.
- Go to the left navigation bar and select “Products link”.
- Click on the “Add your products button” in the centre to add the title, description, product type, price, images, etc.
- Repeat the step to add more products and services to your site.
6. Organize the Products
To organize your products & services into different categories or collections,
- Go to the Shopify admin page, Click the “Products” – “Collections” link.
- Click on Create collection button in the upper right corner.
- Add collection title and other details.
7. Set Up Shopify Store Email
To set up your official store email that comes with all Shopify plans,
- Go to your Shopify admin dashboard, and click on “Settings”.
- Scroll down on the dashboard settings to contact information, and click “View email settings.”
- Set the email address of your choice in the “Sender email” space.
- Click “save” on the top right corner.
To set up Shopify email notifications for customers,
- Go to the settings page, scroll down to Notifications, and click that.
8. Set Up Payment Options
- Go to Shopify admin dashboard, click “Settings” – “Payments”.
- Click on “Activate Shopify Payments”.
- Follow the steps to complete the payment setup.
9. Additional Relevant Settings
On the settings area sidebar, you’ll find the list of other options, such as legal disclosure, marketing reports, online customer strategy, and more.
10. Launch Your Store
Yes, everything is set and ready to launch.
- Click “Marketing” on the left sidebar of the dashboard to set up an initial marketing campaign.
- Create Google and Facebook ads. Track their performance in one place.
- Click “Create campaign” in the upper right corner.
- Pick from recommended campaign options.
- Choose a platform and follow the steps to set it up.
Shopify web development services make it easier than ever to launch an online store. With no need for coding, confusing plugins, or wasted time and money, shop owners can quickly and easily set up, integrate, and maintain their shop without any technical knowledge.
From start to finish the average shop owner can have their shop created in under an hour with the comprehensive platform Shopify provides. There are a few simple steps that everyone should follow when creating a shop with Shopify from scratch.
Following these will cut down on time spent setting up and give your shop a running start in the online marketplace.
Anyone can build a website and start selling on Shopify. Other than signing and setting up your account, the store development time ultimately depends on your store’s design, size and complexity.
The basic plan of Shopify starts at $29 per month and ranges to $299 per month. It also offers a free 14-day trial for businesses to figure out what plan works best for them.
If you’re looking to maximize the dynamic capabilities of your store, feel free to reach out to the experts.