How to install ScandiPWA – the Progressive Web App theme for your Magento stores
What is ScandiPWA:
ScandiPWA is the Progressive Web App theme for Magento stores. It is an offline-ready, ultra-fast, open-source PWA solution based on React and Redux. ScandiPWA leverages technologies like Varnish, GraphQL, and Redis to help improve your PWA site performance. In this blog, we will learn how to install the ScandiPWA theme on your Magento store.
1. The first step is to go to the Magento admin and then go to Stores > Configuration > Advanced > System > Full Page Cache. Ensure that the Varnish Cache is selected from the dropdown list. Varnish configuration has got proper values set in it.
2. We recommend you to keep your ScandiPWA theme source files in a src/localmodules on your magento root directory. Then you will be able to configure the composer to install the theme from here.
2. It is time to enable the new scandiPWA theme. Go to the Magento admin panel and then navigate to Content > Design > Configuration. Edit the scope you want to change (typically the most general one in the list), and select the my-app theme.
3. Finally, flush the magento cache.
4. Refresh the page and the scandipwa theme is successfully enabled and displayed on the store frontend.
JeyaMurugan – Jeyamurugan, Software Engineer, is very passionate about solving eCommerce problems that are challenging and loves to explore new technologies. He enjoys traveling in his free time.