27 Must-know eCommerce statistics before stepping into 2022
eCommerce is holding some of the biggest opportunities online in the upcoming years. Statistics do not lie – It gets you the best way out of all confusion, helping you draw well-informed strategic insights. And, that’s what makes this article a “must-read”.
Due to the pandemic, the eCommerce numbers have grown like crazy in the last 2 years. Though 2021 witnessed a slight fluctuation compared to 2020, data clearly indicate that there is no slowing or stepping down in the future of eCommerce.
Today, online shopping has acquired a considerable amount of market share from traditional brick-and-mortar retail businesses. With a lot of room to grow, eCommerce is unfolding new dimensions in the form of m-commerce and social commerce.
In this blog, you will be learning some unbelievable statistics that will convince you to sell online. These eCommerce statistics are sure to help you get prepared for 2022 and the upcoming years as well.
Online businesses have taken over the traditional ones in the past few years. This rapid shift has pushed retailers to take advantage of the various online channels available to surge growth.
Tracking the global e-commerce statistics fosters business owners both B2B and B2C to calibrate their marketing efforts.
1. 95% of the total purchases are to happen through eCommerce by 2040.
2. The worldwide B2B eCommerce is estimated to expand 17.5% yearly from 2020 to 2027.
3. More than $6.5 trillion sales are expected from eCommerce by 2023 – i.e, 22% of the overall retail sales.
4. User penetration is estimated to reach 63.1% by 2025 – (Which is around 50.8% in 2021.)
Consumer eCommerce statistics
Getting consumers to successfully complete their online transactions is getting harder each day. Understanding the consumer behavior and the various reason why they abandon the transaction can increase your revenue.
Here are a few noteworthy stats on consumer shopping behavior.
5. 68% of online shoppers refer to Google for product information when they search for specific products.
6. 3D product images accelerate conversion by 250%.
7. 45% of payments in eCommerce happen through digital channels and mobile wallets (such as PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay)
8. 49% of cart abandonment is due to unexpected additional costs.
9. 61% of traffic to online shopping platforms comes from mobile devices.
10. Mobile apps have 3 times more conversion rates than mobile websites.
Email marketing statistics
Among the evolving trends, classic email marketing is still the primary strategy to drive sales. The big returns from minimal investment, opportunities for personalization, and direct contact make it the most sophisticated tool to reach customers.
11. As per OptinMonster, for every $1 spent on email marketing $44 is yielded. i.e, 4400% ROI.
13. Around 60% of consumers had revealed that they have made purchases based on the marketing emails they have received.
14. Smart Insights has stated that the top 58% of US retailers send customers welcome emails.
Social eCommerce statistics
The increasing use of social media is having a great impact on eCommerce these days. Social media’s direct and indirect influence on the shopping behavior of customers is opening up new challenges and opportunities for businesses.
15. Social commerce sales in the US is expected to reach $36.09 Billion by the end of 2021 – 4.3% of total eCommerce sales in the year.
16. 25% of US buyers brainstorm on social media before purchasing a gift online for friends and family.
17. eCommerce stores present on social media make an average of 32% more sales than the ones that are not on social media.
18. 74% of online shoppers depend on their social networks to make a purchase.
19. Shopify has exposed that Instagram tops the average order value of shoppers on social media with $65. Facebook follows with $55, then Twitter with $46, and Youtube with $38.
Facebook eCommerce statistics
With 1 in 3 people using Facebook, eCommerce retailers are extensively utilizing this platform to grow and inspire customers to shop. The Facebook marketplace is constantly making selling more easier for businesses with its array of tools and features.
20. Facebook contributes to 85% of orders from social media platforms.
21. By the end of 2021, the global annual ad spend is to reach $95 Billion combining Facebook and Instagram.
22. Social media posts that have photos gain 53% higher Likes, 104% higher comments, and 84% more click-through rates.
23. 66% higher engagement is captured by posts with 80 or fewer characters on social media.
Instagram eCommerce statistics
Who wouldn’t like to shop while just effortlessly scrolling past photos? With more than Billion users, Instagram boasts tons of sales opportunities. Easy user engagement of this platform generates 4X more interactions than Facebook. Below are a few numbers that can back this up.
24. Every month 130 Million Instagram users click on shopping posts.
25. 81% of Instagram users use the platform to research products and services.
26. 200 Million people on Instagram look into at least 1 business profile every day.
27. 75% of users in Instagram had taken actions like checking the website after seeing an ad post on Instagram.
The above statistics clearly flaunt the future scope for e-commerce. Keeping these 27 e-commerce statistics in mind while making a business decision is sure to supercharge your business.
We’re at a point where brands need online presence not just to sell their products, but also to build a flourishing business. Soon, we can expect all physical stores to have a parallel online presence or switch completely into online stores.
So, don’t delay anymore. If you’re looking for an affordable and effective way to boost your sales, going online is the best thing to do.
Feel free to reach out to The Commerce Shop for all the assistance you need switching your business online.