10 Bundle Deals That Will Make Your Customers Spend More
The holiday season is rapidly approaching, and every eCommerce store is preparing to attract more customers, offer enticing deals, and boost their year-end sales.
Here are a few tips to consider if you want to increase your eCommerce average order value and revenue.
Increasing your customers’ average spending is a more straightforward way to boost revenue than acquiring new customers.
While many large eCommerce businesses focus on increasing the average order value, it may seem more challenging and can come across as overly sales-driven.
Therefore, bundle deals are an effective strategy to raise the average order value.
Bundle deals come with several advantages as they provide added value to customers rather than just trying to push them into purchasing. Additionally, they can help sell items that may not sell well, increasing the average spending.
This blog post will explore creative techniques for incorporating bundle deals on your website and convincing customers to purchase.
Let’s dive in.
An Overview of Bundle Deals
What is meant by Bundle Deals?
- Bundle deals refer to package offers that include multiple products at a discounted price.
- Customers can purchase a group of related items instead of buying them separately.
- These deals often provide cost savings compared to buying individual items or services.
- Bundle deals are commonly offered by eCommerce companies, retailers, online service providers, and telecommunications companies.
- It can be customized to cater to different customer preferences and budget constraints.
How do Bundle Deals benefit eCommerce companies?
- Bundle deals can increase the average order value for ecommerce companies.
- By combining different products, bundle deals may help attract customers who have hesitated to purchase individual items.
- eCommerce companies can use bundle deals to promote slow-moving or less popular products by bundling them with high-demand items.
- Such deals can also help ecommerce businesses clear out excess inventory or seasonal items.
- Bundle deals may encourage repeat purchases as customers may be more inclined to buy from a company that offers value-added discounts.
- eCommerce companies can use bundle deals as a sales and marketing strategy to get a competitive advantage and attract new customers.
Examples of Bundle Deals:
1. Here is an example of Dollar Shave Club offering a bundle deal of six items.
2. Proclamation Jewelry, a modern brand specializing in fine jewelry, utilizes personalization to provide tailored bundle deals for its customers. (Side note: TheCommerceShop’s CRO experts have optimized their eCommerce store for conversions.)
3. Land’s End, a clothing and footwear company and a client of TheCommerceShop has introduced bundle selling on its product page. It is done by adding a “Style it with” section, which showcases related accessories and demonstrates how customers can use them together.
Top 10 Bundle Deal Ideas
1. Buy One, Get One Free
Everyone loves a good deal, especially when getting something for free. Offering a ‘buy one, get one free’ bundle deal is a surefire way to attract customers. Not only do they feel like they’re getting more for their money, but it also encourages customers to try your new products or stock up on their favorites.
2. Get Your Second Item at 50% Off
Similar to the previous deal, this bundle offers customers a discount on their second item. By providing a 50% off deal on the second item, you encourage customers to purchase more than they initially planned. This deal is particularly effective when you have products that complement each other, such as shampoo and conditioner or a phone and its accessories.
3. Mix and Match Bundling
Give your customers the freedom to create their own bundles by offering mix-and-match options. Allow them to choose a certain number of products from a selection and offer a discounted price for the bundle. It gives customers a sense of control and personalization, making them more likely to complete the purchase.
4. Mix Slow Selling Items with Fast Selling Items
If you have products not selling as you hoped, try bundling them with your popular items. By combining slow-selling items with fast-selling ones, you can create a bundle deal that helps clear out inventory and adds value for your customers. This strategy encourages them to try new products they may not have considered before.
5. Bundle Related Products Together and Offer Discounts or Free Shipping
Create bundles that consist of products that are related or complementary to each other. For example, if you sell skincare products, you can bundle a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer together. Offering a discount on the bundle or free shipping incentivizes customers to purchase the complete set instead of individual items.
6. Subscription Bundling
Do you offer subscription-based services or products? Consider bundling different subscription levels together to create a comprehensive package. By providing multiple subscription options at a discounted price, you not only encourage customers to commit to a longer-term relationship with your business but also increase their overall spending.
7. Holiday Season Bundles
The holiday season is the perfect time to introduce bundle deals. Create festive-themed bundles that include popular products or limited edition items. By offering holiday-themed bundles, you tap into customers’ desire for unique and special gifts, making it easier for them to complete their holiday shopping.
8. Gift Boxes
Take your bundle deals to the next level by packaging the items in a beautifully designed gift box. It enhances the perceived value of the bundle and makes it an attractive option for customers looking for ready-made gifts. Gift boxes can be trendy during special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, or Valentine’s Day.
9. Limited Edition Bundles
Create a sense of urgency and exclusivity by offering limited edition bundles. Combining popular and rare items creates a unique offer that is difficult to resist. Limited edition bundles can create a buzz among your customers and generate excitement, driving them to purchase before the opportunity is gone.
10. Inventory Clearance Bundling
If you have items that need to be cleared from your inventory, bundling them together at a discounted price is a smart strategy. You can sell off excess stock by offering inventory clearance bundles while providing your customers a great deal. It helps you free up space and generate revenue to reinvest in your business.
In conclusion, bundle deals are a powerful way to influence your customers to buy more products from you and increase your average order value. They can also help you clear your inventory, cross-sell your products, and create loyal customers.
Whether you offer pure bundling, mixed bundling, gifting bundling, mix-and-match bundling, inventory clearance bundling, or cross-sell bundling, you must ensure that your bundle deals are relevant, valuable, and attractive to your customers.
You must also test and optimize your bundle deals to find the best combination of products and prices.
Start creating your bundle deals today!
Contact our experts today if you need professional help creating unique bundle deals and optimizing your eCommerce store for maximum conversions and higher average order value.